your shopping bag is emptyStart Shopping
- Who are we?
- What data is covered by this Privacy Notice?
- What data do we collect from you?
- How do we use your personal data?
- With which third parties do we share your personal data?
- Do we transfer personal data outside the EEA?
- What are your rights?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- How can you contact us?
Tapestry Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively "Tapestry," "we" or "us"), including Stuart Weitzman of Coach Stores UK Limited (“Stuart Weitzman”) are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the highest level of security for your personal data.
Tapestry and Coach have prepared this Privacy Notice for:
- In-store and online customers, including potential customers and consumers (for example, individuals who have signed up to any of Coach’s marketing messages
- Visitors of https://eu.stuartweitzman.com/en/ and any successor website or application thereto (collectively referred to as the "website")
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data Tapestry and Stuart Weitzman collects about you, how we use that data, who we share it with and how we protect it. Please read the following carefully to understand Tapestry's views and practices regarding your personal data.
Who are we?
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the responsible party is Tapestry Inc. of 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY, 10001, U.S.A. and Coach Stores UK Limited of 2 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PU, United Kingdom.
What data is covered by this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice covers all personal data processed by Tapestry and Stuart Weitzman, which means information (either in isolation or in combination with other information) that enables Tapestry to identify you directly or indirectly. This includes the types of information set out below.
What data do we collect from you?
We may collect data about you from the following sources:
1. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU
We may collect personal data (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, nationality, birth day and month, payment card information or other personal characteristics or preferences) that you provide when you interact with us such as when you:
- Buy our products online
- Register to our online account
- Fill in our in-store customer card (e.g. to hear from us about our products and initiatives, to find out how to participate to our in-store events, competitions or promotions)
- Request product customisation
- Sign up to our marketing lists or other marketing initiatives such as sweepstakes and surveys
- Contact Customer Care (e.g. via phone, email, chat) and subsequently correspond with us
- Submit a product review on any of our websites
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Your customer transactions trail and purchase history
- Your social media interactions with us (e.g. if you "like" or "share" something you see on our social media platforms)
- Your use of our website and other third-party websites on which you may be shown our adverts. In particular, we may collect
- Technical information, including your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times and download errors
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Your interaction with our marketing emails to measure marketing effectiveness (e.g. we collect information about whether/when you have opened an email from us, and if you have clicked a link in the email or forwarded the email)
- Your interactions with our online adverts to measure advertisement effectiveness
- The in-store capture cards, which you may fill in and return to us during one of your visits to our stores
- The CCTV footages recorded in our stores
- Information we draw from our sources listed above and information we obtain from third parties (including publicly available information) where we have a legal basis to do so. We combine all this information to better understand who you are, your preferences, etc. to enhance your customer experience with us (see "How do we use your personal data?")
How do we use your personal data?
|We use your personal data for the following purpose(s):||Based on the following justification:|
|1||Process your online payment and complete your online purchase with us||Necessary to perform your purchase contract with us.|
|2||Create your personal account on our website and enable your access to such account.||Necessary to perform your contract with us for the provision of the services (online personal account).|
|3||Use your personal account on our website including, for example, saving billing details and delivery address for future purchases, saving data to process product returns.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to provide you with an enhanced customer experience on our website (e.g. ensure quick and smooth online transactions). It is also in your interest to benefit from an enhanced customer experience. For certain specific data uses (such as for processing your product returns), the use of your data is necessary to perform your contract with us.|
|4||Personalise and optimise your online shopping experience with us (e.g. recording certain information from your past purchases, which can be re-used for future purchases, such as address, saving your favourite store locations)||Necessary for our legitimate interest to provide you with an enhanced customer experience on our website. It is also in your interest to benefit from an enhanced customer experience.|
|5||Enable you to use the "My Closet" feature online (requires a customer account).||Necessary for our legitimate interest to provide you with an enhanced customer experience on our website. It is also in your interest to benefit from an enhanced customer experience.|
|6||Provide you with customer support for any enquiry or request related to a product you have bought.||Necessary to perform your purchase contract with us (where customer support for certain enquiries or requests is envisaged in our contract with you). Necessary to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to (where such obligation exists, which requires us to respond to a specific enquiry from you or enable the exercise of your rights, for example under consumer law).|
|7||Provide you with customer support for any enquiry or request you submit to us in relation to a product you would like to buy or a general enquiry or request.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to establish or maintain a relationship with you. It is also in your interest to receive a response from us when you contact us.|
|8||Use the product reviews you provide on our website or through third parties.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to receive feedback on our products and use such feedback to improve the way we present our products on our website to other potential buyers.|
|9||Customise a product you have specifically requested.||Necessary to perform your contract with us.|
|10||Monitor the effectiveness of our ads online and our marketing campaigns (e.g. by monitoring if/when/how you interact with online ads or emails you receive from us).||Necessary for our legitimate interest to improve our marketing strategy, expand our customer base, retain current customers and better allocate our marketing resources.|
|11||Offer targeted advertising to you, which is tailored to your needs, preferences, tastes and habits.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to show you the products we think you will like the most from us. It is also in your interest to receive customised offers so you do not have to spend too much time browsing our wide range of products.|
|12||Contact you with communications such as emails or by SMS (if you provide such information in our in-store capture cards or online) to tell you about your purchase, our products, offers and campaigns.||With your consent where this is required by applicable law. Where your consent is not required by law (depending on the means of communications used), this data use is necessary for our legitimate interest to let you know about us your purchases and our products|
|13||Perform researches and surveys about our products and customer experience, product development and product testing.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to constantly improve our offers, products and services for you.|
|14||Enable you to take part to our contests, sweepstakes, competitions, promotions and similar events and initiatives for customers.||Necessary to perform your contract with us (based on your written acceptance of our terms and conditions of entry to participate in such contests, sweepstakes, competitions and other promotions). Necessary for our legitimate interest to engage and retain customers, incentivise customers to buy our products or reward our customers.|
|15||Offer enhanced customisation and client care to our clienteling customers.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to engage and retain customers, incentivise customers to buy our products or reward our customers. It is also in your interest, as a clienteling customer, to benefit from advantages and offers we offer to you.|
|16||Interact with you through our social media platforms, measure the effectiveness of our social media campaigns and perform some of the purposes above (e.g. advertising, enable you to take part to our contests, sweepstakes, surveys, etc.) via social media.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to expand and retain our customer base and promote our products also via social media.|
|17||Enable your voluntary participation in our social media campaigns, including the use of your images||Necessary to perform your contract with us (based on your written acceptance of our terms and conditions of entry to participate to such campaigns). Necessary for our legitimate interest to expand and retain our customer base and promote our products via social media.|
|18||Improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our website.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to constantly monitor and improve our online presence and services to you.|
|19||Fraud detection in relation to online payments and, more generally, prevention against any illegal activity.||Necessary to perform your contract with us (including by complying with our contractual obligations to ensure the security and confidentiality of your payment data). Necessary for our legitimate interest to prevent illegal activities which could harm you and us.|
|20||Enable a corporate transaction such as a merger or acquisition whereby data assets must be merged or transferred as part of the transaction.||Necessary for our legitimate interest to corporate re-organisation and/or compliance with regulatory or statutory requirements.|
|21||Respond to or address enquiries or requests from law enforcement bodies, regulators or other public authorities.||Necessary for the purposes of complying with legal requirements to which we are subject.|
|22||Enable your optional use of our "Text to Buy" program (payment via mobile phone).||Necessary to perform your contract with us (where you have selected "Text to Buy" as the payment method)|
Where we rely on the necessity for a legitimate interest to use your personal data, we will do so solely on the basis of a previous thorough assessment of our legitimate interest against your privacy rights and we will carefully conduct a balancing exercise to ensure that our data processing is proportionate to your rights.
CATEGORIES OF COOKIES
Some cookies are deleted when you close your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies, and these enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features while ensuring online access to our website and the security of your online transactions with us. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information on how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor, although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works and the user experience. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. However, you can block these cookies using your browser settings (see "How to manage your cookies" below).
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise you when you return to our website and allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username). They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as the ability to watch videos. The information these cookies collect is anonymised (i.e. it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.), and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. However, you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see "How to manage your cookies" below).
- Personalistion Cookies: Cookies may also be used on our website to personalise your shopping experience and enable the use of certain functions, such as allow you to add items to your "My Closet" page, enable us to deliver ads which might be relevant to you and allow us to conduct internal testing on what works best for our customers.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the Internet for other independent information on cookies.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will be kept in accordance with the principle set out in Section 10 of this Privacy Notice.
- Enable the basic functioning of our website
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability and content) or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (e.g. save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in your cart and billing address to save time and effort when you next return to our website or shop with us)
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails)
- Learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing habits to provide you with ads tailored to you (you certainly don't want to hear from us about something you are not interested in)
How do I manage my cookies?
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s "help" function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies. Visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html to learn more.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works for you.
With which third parties do we share your personal data?
Your personal data may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
- Tapestry's group of companies: We may share your personal data among our group of companies, including our subsidiaries, head office and branches, in order to open your account with us, administer our services and products, provide you with customer support, process your payments, understand your preferences, offer targeted advertising, send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you and conduct the other activities described in this Privacy Notice.
- Our service providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the Tapestry services and products to you. We may share personal data with the following categories of service provider:
- Infrastructure and IT service providers, including cloud service providers
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies
- Online payment and fraud prevention service providers
- Delivery/logistics service providers (for home delivery of products you have bought online)
- External auditors and advisers (e.g. social media consulting)
- Providers of services related to some enhanced online features such as customer reviews
- Cookie analytics providers
- Online advertisers
- Providers of website testing/analytics services
In the course of providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal data. However, we will only provide our service providers with personal data which is necessary for them to perform their services, and we require them to not use your information for any other purpose. We will use our best efforts to ensure that all our service providers keep your personal data secure. Third parties permitted by law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal data to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, for matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contracts or protect your rights or those of the public.
Third parties connected with business transfers: We may transfer your personal data to third parties in connection with a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal data in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Please note our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how they may use your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of third-party websites before you submit any personal data to them.
Do we transfer personal data outside the EEA?
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in the U.S. or other countries located outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including Hong Kong by our affiliates, and our service providers. We will take all steps that are reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice as well as applicable data protection laws, including, where relevant, by entering into EU standard contractual clauses (or equivalent measures) with the party outside the EEA. You may ask for further information on the safeguards that we have put in place to safeguard the transfer of your data to outside of the EEA by contacting us as indicated below at "How can you contact us?"
What are your rights?
If you are in the European Economic Area, you have the following rights:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, and at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability.You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data, which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by contacting us as indicated below at "How can you contact us?" You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the EEA countries.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the personal data in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal data only to employees and authorised service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
While we endeavour to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use personal data, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
How can you contact us?
If there are any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data collection practices outlined herein, or if you want to exercise any of your rights, please contact us as follows:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +44 186 592 074
- By post: Privacy Department, Stuart Weitzman, COACH Stores UK Limited, Lower Ground Floor, 2 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PU, United Kingdom
Alternatively, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
- By email: Attn: Data Protection Officer, Stuart Weitzman, email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time, including where this is necessary due to changes to our data processing practices or activities. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will notify you of these changes via email where we have a direct relation with you and post an alert on the homepage of our website.
Last revised date: May 25, 2018.